The Libertarian Party National Convention will be this May 27 - 30 (Memorial Day Weekend) in Orlando, Florida.
Maine has allocated to it seven delegate seats.
What goes on at a national convention, and how can you become a Maine delegate? Read on…
At national conventions, the agenda on the convention floor includes:
- The selection of our nominees for President and Vice President of the United States.
- Debate and voting on proposed changes to party bylaws and convention rules.
- Debate and voting on proposed changes to the party platform
- Voting on the national party leadership
Away from the floor there are plenty of other activities going on:
- Breakout sessions
- Breakfasts / Luncheons with speakers
- Gala Banquet
- Numerous hospitality suites and parties in the evenings.
- Leadership Training & Candidate Training on the Thursday before the convention formally opens (the 26th)
So, how do you become a delegate?
Be selected at the state convention on May 15th, in Lewiston. We will be selecting our delegation there, and electing a head of delegation.
After the convention, the head of delegation can appoint people as alternates to fill vacancies.
We rarely fill out a full delegation, with seven delegate seats, and as many alternate positions, we will likely be able to seat anyone from Maine who wishes to go.
Are you interested? Contact us at [email protected]